The self-employed live for and for their business, but what happens if they get sick? Or if they have an accident? If you are self-employed, you have to read our article on essential insurance for the self-employed; it will help you protect yourself against any unforeseen event ...
Without a doubt, and despite the fact that we all must bear in mind the importance of good Health insurance, the self-employed have to think very seriously about take out private health insuranceBecause, if they fall ill and cannot work, they will not generate income.
In this way, and thanks to private health insurance, the self-employed worker will be able to breathe easy, since Both the worker himself and his business and his family will be protected.
In addition, and although the Public Health System of Spain is of high quality, the truth is that sometimes the waiting lists can be for months, so private health insurance is a great option to avoid tedious waiting lists, something vital for self-employed entrepreneurs.
Hiring a good health insurance is of great importance, so it is necessary to have professionals in the sector who offer us the best insurance for us according to our needs.
This is what we can offer you from Euroteide Seguros, We are professionals in the sector with more than 22 years of experience in the Canary Islands and we have more than 3000 clients satisfied with their Health policies and the service provided by us when processing any incident related to their Health Insurance.
What is self-employed health insurance?
Un Self-Employed Health Insurance It is an insurance policy that allows the self-employed person, in addition to make use of private medical services that have been arranged with the insurance company, obtain compensation for those days when you have to suspend your activity professional due to illness.
In any case, self-employed health insurance is very similar to that of Health insurance for individuals, while is true that include certain specific coverages, so that self-employed health insurance guarantees the protection of the self-employed worker facing some situations that a private person does not need.
Undoubtedly, self-employed health insurance is a good way to protect the business and that a health problem, especially those that last for a long time, that forces the interruption of the self-employed's activity, does not entail significant losses that lead to closure of the business or the definitive suspension of the professional activity of the self-employed worker.
What basic coverage does Self-Employed Health Insurance offer?
As we have already said, a Self-Employed Health Insurance it is very similar to health insurance for individuals, although it is true that it will also include some specific coverage.
Even so, the coverages will depend on the specific policy and what would have been contracted with the Insurance company, although the most common coverages are the following:
- Primary health care.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Medical specialties.
- Preventive medicine.
- Psychotherapy, normally 20 sessions a year. However, 40 psychotherapy sessions per year for eating disorders will be covered by the insurance policy.
- 24 hour emergency.
- Second medical opinion.
- Podiatry, normally between 10 and 15 sessions a year.
- Childbirth and postpartum.
- Prosthesis and implants.
- Travel assistance. However, this coverage will depend on the duration of the trip and there will also be a maximum insured capital, so that once that amount has been reached, it will be the self-employed person who will have to face the payment of those expenses.
- Health care in case of traffic or work accidents.
- Compensation in the event of death to defray death expenses.
- Support service in household chores, in childcare and home delivery of correspondence and medications in case of hospitalization or temporary disability.
How does self-employed health insurance work?
As is evident, there are many types of self-employed health insurance with different prices and coverage, so the ideal is to hire the policy that best suits the specific needs of each self-employed worker with the necessary advice.
Thus, analyze which are the specific health needs and the budget that each one has when hiring health insurance for the self-employed.
However, as with any Insurance, It is best to take out a policy that is well suited to the needs of the self-employed and not the cheapest policy. In any case, there are many insurance companies that have many special offers for self-employed workers and small and medium-sized companies.
There are different types of Self-Employed Health Insurance. The most common are the following:
- Copay: In this case, the worker will have to pay a small amount for each medical service they use. This type of health insurance is cheaper, since the insured faces the payment of part of the medical expense.
- Franchises: In this case, as in the previous one, the insured also faces the payment of part of the health care. However, in this case, the insured will obtain a monthly discount on the premium of their policy.
- Medical table with reimbursement: In this case, the worker may choose any doctor or clinic, although he will have to pay for the service out of pocket. Then you must present the invoice to your insurance company and it will reimburse you between 70 and 100% of the cost, depending on the policy.
- Complete medical insurance: In this case, the insured may make use of the doctors and clinics that belong to the medical chart, without restrictions. However, there will be restrictions in certain specialties such as podiatry or psychology sessions.
Does Self Employed Health Insurance have a tax advantage?
Self-employed health insurance has certain tax benefits that can be very interesting. Thus, the Health insurance is a deductible expense for self-employed workers.
Also, according to the law, this expense It will be applicable to both the insured and his spouse's quota, as well as to children under 25 who live with the insured.
This deduction will be discounted from the income generated by the self-employed, and may reach a maximum of 30% of the same. In any case, the maximum deduction in personal income tax for health insurance will be 500 euros per year or 1500 per year in the case of people with disabilities.
Undoubtedly, the Self-employed health insurance is great protection for self-employed workers.
However, the best thing will be to hire professionals from the sector with extensive experience, in Euroteide Seguros we are a specialist and we would love to advise you and help you find the best solution in health insurance for you, without commitment we promise to be by your side always when solving any problem. Yes, by your side when you need us most.