There are many who, before the long lines and waiting lists that must be suffered in the Public Health, they decide to get a Private medical insurance save you time when making an appointment.
However, in the market we find a great offer of health insurance, so it is not always easy to choose the best one and the one that best suits our needs.
For this reason, in this article we tell you what is Medical insurance and what coverage it has, the types of Health insurance that you can choose from and some tricks to be right in your best choice.
However, it is best to contact qualified experts with experience in the field, such is the case of Euroteide Seguros, so that they guide you and you can have maximum certainty when choose the best health insurance, for you and your family.
What is health insurance and what are its coverages?
El Medical Insurance or health insurance, is a contract between the insured and an insurance company under which the insurer covers the medical expenses that may arise from the insured in exchange for the payment of a premium. However, the medical expenses covered by the insurer will depend on the coverage of the determined insurance policy.
Without a doubt, having health insurance is the best way to receive faster care, go to the consultation more immediately and without having to go through a waiting list, and to have more privacy in the hospital room in case of being entered.
In any case, what are the Health insurance coverage? Although the Health Insurance coverage will depend on the policy that has been contracted, the truth is that, normally, the coverage offered is the following:
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Pediatrics for those insured who are 14 years old or younger.
- Hospital and home emergencies.
- Medical assistance in case of a traffic accident.
- Immediate hospitalization and no waiting lists.
- Rehabilitation therapy, psychology or speech therapy sessions, among other specialties, usually a limited number of them.
- Dental coverage if you have hired it. When this coverage has been contracted, preventive treatments such as consultations with the dentist or oral cleanings are included, as well as root canals or x-rays, among other services.
- International assistance. Many health insurances include this coverage that makes it possible to receive health care in other countries.
In addition to these coverages, there are others that are highly demanded by policyholders and that, in response to their demand, more and more insurers are including such coverages as basic.
This is the case for alternative medicine, family planning, or reimbursement of a small amount on medications.
Types of health insurance
Although the market is wide and there are different medical insurances, the truth is that we can include them in six types of health insurance. They are as follows:
- Medical insurance without copays: with this insurance, the insured will be able to access all the health services offered by the insurer in his medical chart in exchange for the payment of a fixed premium, the payment of which is normally monthly.
- Insurance with copaysIn this case, the insured pays a lower premium than in the previous one, but the insurer will not bear all the medical expenses, so that the insured will have to bear part of the cost of the medical service that he uses. However, the insured will be able to access the entire medical chart of the insurer and will only pay for those services that he uses.
- Insurance scaled: very similar to the Insurance with copayment, in this Insurance the insured will pay a premium and will assume part of the cost of the medical services that he uses. However, the premium to be paid is much cheaper than in the previous cases and the cost of the services used is higher.
- Refund insuranceIn this case, the insured will not be able to access a specific medical chart. Thus, the insured must pay for each medical service that he uses and, later, the insurer will reimburse him the amount that would have been agreed in the insurance policy.
- Insurance without hospitalization: These Insurances are much cheaper, but, in exchange, they do not cover the insured's hospitalization if they need it, although they will be able to access the insurer's medical chart.
- Dental insurance: although it is normal for dental insurance to be contracted together with medical insurance - since the price of the premium does not increase too much - you can also contract dental insurance itself.
How to be right in choosing our health insurance: some tricks to know which is the best health insurance
As the offer of medical insurance in the market is huge, sometimes it can be very difficult to know what is the best health insurance. However, here are some tricks that will help you get your choice right:
- Consider your needs: Not all of us have the same needs and, undoubtedly, Health Insurance must adapt to those of the insured. Thus, it is important to take into account the age of the insured, the state of health or their lifestyle, so that you can get the most complete Insurance according to your specific needs.
- Insurance carrier: it is necessary to take into account with which insurer we will contract the Insurance, its reputation, its history and the professionals who provide their services to the insurance company in question. It is essential that you are comfortable and confident with your insurance company.
- Insurance coverage and modality: once you take into account your needs and those of your family, you should choose the policy that has the necessary coverage to cover these needs, since not all insurance includes the same services. In addition, you must take into account your budget to be able to choose between one and another type of medical insurance.
- Exclusions: it is important that you take into account the services that are not included in your Insurance policy. The most common are treatments for HIV, sports injuries from high-risk or dangerous sports, and the consequences of wars, attacks or epidemics.
- Complementary Services: it is necessary to take them into account, since there are many policies that include complementary services that have not been requested but that significantly increase the price of the Insurance premium.
Compare the offers you find in the market.
With these tricks you will be right in choosing the best health insurance for you and your family.
However, if in addition you have the services of experts for his 24 years experience in advising and helping in the contracting, support and service of health insurance, as Euroteide Seguros that we are in a position to recommend the best medical insurance on the market and those that best suit you and yours.